Sunday, December 14, 2008

Malls are the Devil's playground!

For those who don't know, The Diva does some modeling (mostly for the experience). Yesterday, she had a show at Dillard's so we had to make a trip to the mall--something only slightly higher than getting my eyes dilated on the list of "fun things to do".

Now, if you have had ANY experience with malls combined with any girl near "teenagedom", you know that it is a toxic combination to the poor parent who has to be there with her. After the fashion show, we had to go into every freakin' store that caters to the fashionable teen (and the wallet of said teen's parental unit). Hot Topic, Wet Seal, Tilly's, PacSun, Hot Catz... We are not talking The Gap by any means. At least we weren't at the mall with the Betsey Johnson store--The Diva loves her clothes, but I am not about to spend $400 on a dress with less than two yards of material!!!

I admit--I did buy a few things for The Diva. However, she was told "Merry Christmas" with each purchase because I mentally added those to the presents I was going to get anyway. It was probably easier because it means she got what she wanted and I don't have to hear that I don't have a clue--coupled with the eye roll that is perfected around the age of 12. Besides, I was able to get the stuff on sale before it was completely picked over.

No comments: