Thursday, July 28, 2011

Another wonderful day in the rat maze

Drama at work, as usual.

Had to give a statement about a former employee who is suing because she didn't like getting fired for stealing--just wonderful!

Had a call from the resident whiner who thinks my being a union rep means I have to talk to her all the time and provide legal advice. Today it was about her feral cat collection being picked up by Animal Control by mistake. I really have to bite my tongue when she calls because I just want to tell her to pay me the same rate she would pay a lawyer or shut up.

Then there is the entire department that is being fired for stupid stuff that should have garnered no more discipline than letters of reprimand. All are long-time benefit employees and in an area slated for downsizing, so I really think this is a way to do it without having to do a RIF.

The only nice thing about the day was that I decided to have a dinner out and tried a place I hadn't been in a long time (had a coupon). I was pleasantly surprised and, since I get coupons for that place every week, will be going there more often.

As for the rest... If today was a program on the DVR, I would press "DELETE" immediately.

No comments: