Sunday, August 08, 2004

Togetherness

It has been a pretty good week, for the most part.

Went to see Dodgeball Friday night and it was actually funny. For a PG-13 movie, it was kind of tame, but Danielle loved it and there were some good laughs.

We also went to the pool again today. NO! I did not wear the "fart suit." I found my black maillot and it worked fine. I thought the legs would "cut" too high up, but they were just right although I did do some "pruning" just in case.

I went down to the Goodwill and got Danielle a Speedo "float" suit-the kind that has the foam inserts to keep her above water. The things are like $30 at the regular store and $10 at the GW. But today was 75% off swimwear, so I got two for $5 (wanted the second for extra inserts). Normally, she wears a regular swimsuit with a life vest, but she can't go on slides with the buckles on the vest, so this will be good for the water parks.

I also found a tankini top for $1 that I will probably wear with a pair of shorter lycra exercise shorts. I'll have to see how it looks... Also got a pair of jeans for me and a pair for D-each $1. The pair for me is bell-bottomed, so I will have to do something about those legs, but they are pretty cute otherwise. And Danielle's pair is all girly with embroidery trim.

Yesterday, the GW had $1 pants, skirts and short-sleeved shirts. I went nuts and spent $40 there, but got several nice shirts and some great pants for work. The buy of the day was linen pants (with silk lining) that normally go for $60 and were marked $12, but with the sale I paid $1 for them. So while I feel a little guilty for spending that much, I got some things I can wear to work.

Later this evening, after Danielle's friend Briann goes home, D and I are going to make tacos and cookies. But I don't want to include Briann because she whines like a car with bad belts. Nothing is good: she doesn't like the drinks or the food offered-except for the expensive stuff I bought just for me and D. That stuff she eats triple helping of because my daughter is a good hostess and won't tell her "no." This kid offered to have her mom write me a list of her favorite foods so I would have them whenever she comes over. My daughter knows better than to complain about food at someone else's house, including this kid's. I mentioned her offer to her mom and hoped she'd get the hint to tell her child not to be so picky. They just made chocolate milk and opened a brand-new jug of milk.

So far they have been in and out ten times and each time the A/C kicks in - 105 degrees today.

I know that Briann is Danielle's friend, but I worry because Danielle is an honor student in the gifted program and Briann does just enough to get by... I worry that she is picking up bad habits and some laziness whenever she spends time with Briann. Snotty mouthiness is the favorite of the moment-Briann calls her mother names and hits her when she doesn't want to do something. Problem is that her mom wants her to hang out with Danielle to be around a quieter household!

No comments: